- 23 - 35 years of age
- Atleast 2 years experience
- work with patients who have a range of condition, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks;
- diagnose, assess and treat their physical problem/condition.
- develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques.
- involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients;
- educate patient and thier carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions;
- write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics;
- liaise witrh other healthcare professional, such as GPs, occupational therapist and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patientswho require other medical attention;
- keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients;
- supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers.